Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the “Canada” wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada’s (GC) copyright administrator, PWGSC. Through the permission-granting process, PWGSC helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please go to PWGSC’s “Apply for Copyright Clearance” page or contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0S5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on this Web site may be subject to copyrights held by other organizations. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
This Web site contains links to third party sites. The Office of the Auditor General of Canada provides these links only as a service and convenience to our visitors. We take no responsibility for the content at third party sites and a link to them in no way implies an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services or information found there.
The Office of the Auditor General of Canada makes every effort to ensure that our links to third party Web sites lead to content that is accessible and available in both official languages. However, that is not always feasible or possible.
The Office of the Auditor General of Canada reserves the right to regularly review and re-evaluate any and all links and reserves the right to terminate any link without prior notification.
Requests for posting links to third party sites should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Web site respects the Official Languages Act and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available as a courtesy and will only be available in the language in which it was provided. Some hyperlinks direct users to sites of organizations or other entities that are not subject to the Official Languages Act.
The Office of the Auditor General of Canada is committed to equitable access to information, regardless of the technologies used. We are continually striving to make our site accessible to all, including persons with disabilities and to those who use assistive devices.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research, or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats. To do so, please contact us.
Privacy is a guiding principle of the Government On-Line initiative.
- The Office of the Auditor General of Canada does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Any job application which you submit on line will go to E-cruiter, a corporation which is not part of the federal government. E-cruiter is bound by a contract with the Office of the Auditor General of Canada to treat any personal information it receives from job applicants as though it were covered by the provisions of the Privacy Act. Any questions, concerns or complaints you may have about how E-cruiter is handling personal information submitted by job applicants should be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator as listed below.
- The Office of the Auditor General of Canada uses software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with our web sites. The Office makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site.
- The Office of the Auditor General of Canada does not use “cookies” to track how visitors use our web site. Whenever we enable “cookies” to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (Note: Cookies are files that a web site can place on your hard drive, without your knowledge, to monitor your use of that site.)
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Office of the Auditor General of Canada personnel who need the information, e.g., to respond to a request. Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in the Office of the Auditor General of Canada may be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator by e-mail or by calling (613) 995-3708 or writing to Robert McNeil, Privacy Co-ordinator, Office of the Auditor General of Canada at 240 Sparks Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G6
- If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privcom.gc.ca/.