2000 December Report of the Auditor General of Canada
Exhibit 19.9—Good Practices to Improve the Quality of Performance Information
The UK National Audit Office recently issued guidance on good practices in performance reporting. It states that systems for collecting and validating performance data are likely to be more robust when agencies:
- define the quality of data in advance,
- seek advice from specialists,
- establish clear performance measure definitions,
- designate who is accountable for performance data,
- managers are active in obtaining good quality performance data, and
- develop and implement effective controls over the collection of data.
Source: Good Practice in Performance Reporting in Executive Agencies and Non-departmental Public Bodies, Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General, UK, 2000.