An independent audit office serving Parliament, widely respected for the quality and impact of our work.
- Accountable government;
- An ethical and effective public service;
- Good governance;
- Sustainable development; and
- The protection of Canada’s legacy and heritage.
We do this by
- Conducting independent audits and studies that provide objective information, advice, and assurance to Parliament, government, and Canadians;
- Working collaboratively with legislative auditors, federal and territorial governments, and professional organizations; and
- Providing a respectful workplace in which all members of our diverse workforce can strive for excellence and realize their full career potential.
We have six values that define how we conduct our work and ourselves.
- Serving the Public Interest
We focus on significant issues to make a positive and measurable impact for the benefit of Canadians. In particular, we promote government accountability for the collection and use of public funds and for the results achieved. We also promote continuous improvement of the environment and sustainable development.
- Independence and Objectivity
We are an agent of Parliament that is independent of government. Our reports are based on evidence collected in accordance with our policies and professional auditing standards. We bring a non-partisan, objective, and fair approach to our work.
- Commitment to Excellence
We meet the highest standards of professionalism in our work with Parliament and those we audit. We are committed to continuously improving our processes and practices and delivering products and services of the highest quality. We share our experience with others and contribute to the advancement of the legislative audit discipline in Canada and abroad.
- Respectful Workplace
We are committed to providing a working environment in which all are treated with dignity and respect and encouraged to realize their full career potential. We encourage open and honest communication to create a climate of trust and teamwork. We value each other’s talent and diversity and support learning and quality-of-life endeavours.
- Trust and Integrity
We sustain public confidence by conducting ourselves, in everything we do, with honesty and integrity and in a manner that meets the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Leading by Example
We strive to be a model organization for the federal government. We treat people fairly. Our audit plans are strategic and risk-based, our reports are focussed on results, and our effectiveness is measured and reported annually to Parliament. Our policies and practices are aligned with our vision and values, and our processes are economical, efficient, and responsive.