The Independent accounting and financial auditing advisory committee provides advice to the Auditor General on his audits of the financial statements of the Government of Canada, Crown corporations, and various other public sector entities. In particular, it advises on
- the audit of summary financial statements of the federal and territorial governments, and financial audit issues that are significant to the Office of the Auditor General of Canada as a whole;
- matters affecting audits of Crown corporations or other entities; and
- developments in the accounting profession and their impact on the work of the Office.
The members of the Independent accounting and financial auditing advisory committee, who are selected by the Auditor General, report as personal advisors to him. The committee meets one or two times a year, at the call of the Chair; members are encouraged to suggest items for discussion.
Members of the Independent accounting and financial auditing advisory committee
- Michael Ferguson, FCA (Chair)
- Tim Beauchamp, CMA, Director, Public Sector Accounting, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Peter Boomgaardt, CA, Retired Partner, Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Paul Cherry, FCA, Chair, IASB IFRS Advisory Council
- Norman Daitchman, FCA, Retired Partner, Ernst & Young
- Mark Elliott, CA, National Managing Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Daniel Filion, FCA, Retired Partner, National Assurance and Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
- Gordon Fowler, FCA, Chair, Accounting Standards Board
- Patricia O’Malley, FCA, Senior Advisor, Accounting Standards Board