Environmental petitions are a unique way for Canadian residents—acting as individuals or on behalf of an organization—to bring their concerns and questions about environmental issues related to sustainable development to the attention of the federal ministers, with a guaranteed response.
The Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development administers environmental petitions on behalf of the Auditor General of Canada.
- No. 464
- Questioning federal oversight of greenspace north of the Montréal-Trudeau International Airport
- No. 463
- Concerns about Canada’s forest carbon quantification and accounting
- No. 462
- Effects of 6PPD tire rubber antioxidant on salmon and mitigation
- No. 461
- Ministerial Responsibility to Protect the Northern Spotted Owl and its Habitat
- No. 460
- Concerns about effective monitoring, reporting, and enforcement of environmental laws and permits governing resource extraction projects
Things to know before submitting a petition.
Fill out the Environmental Petitions Submission Form or contact us to mail or fax your petition.
A quick overview of environmental petitions.
Find out how environmental petitions work.
Sort petitions by topic, federal institution, or petition number.
Contact us by email, phone, fax, or mail.