Environmental petitions are a unique way for Canadian residents—acting as individuals or on behalf of an organization—to bring their concerns and questions about environmental issues related to sustainable development to the attention of the federal ministers, with a guaranteed response.
The Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development administers environmental petitions on behalf of the Auditor General of Canada.
- No. 472
- Establishment of a system for Canadians to report potential adverse reactions to radiation (radiofrequency electromagnetic fields) from wireless devices
- No. 471
- Greenhouse gas emissions in Canada, monitoring, reporting, and climate action
- No. 470
- Assessing effectiveness of regulation of asbestos and asbestos cement pipes in Canada
- No. 469
- Enforcement of environmental standards in British Columbia
- No. 468
- Farmland drainage crisis in Saskatchewan
Things to know before submitting a petition.
Fill out the Environmental Petitions Submission Form or contact us to mail or fax your petition.
Interactive view of top and trending issues
Find out how environmental petitions work.
Sort petitions by topic, federal institution, or petition number.
Contact us by email, phone, fax, or mail.