Environmental petitions are a unique way for Canadian residents—acting as individuals or on behalf of an organization—to bring their concerns and questions about environmental issues related to sustainable development to the attention of the federal ministers, with a guaranteed response.
The Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development administers environmental petitions on behalf of the Auditor General of Canada.
- No. 459
- Evidence, science, experience to date, and analysis supporting Project List entries and thresholds
- No. 458
- The Government of Canada’s response to perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in water, products, and waste
- No. 457
- Responsibilities of Health Canada and Environment and Climate Change Canada in protecting pollinators from the impact of neonicotinoid pesticides
- No. 456
- The Government of Canada’s rigour and transparency in evaluating the science regarding localized exposures to 5G technologies in its update of Safety Code 6
- No. 455
- Port authority decision making regarding coal exports and other environmental determinations under the Impact Assessment Act
Things to know before submitting a petition.
Fill out the Environmental Petitions Submission Form or contact us to mail or fax your petition.
A quick overview of environmental petitions.
Find out how environmental petitions work.
Sort petitions by topic, federal institution, or petition number.
Contact us by email, phone, fax, or mail.