Environmental petitions are a unique way for Canadian residents—acting as individuals or on behalf of an organization—to bring their concerns and questions about environmental issues related to sustainable development to the attention of the federal ministers, with a guaranteed response.
The Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development administers environmental petitions on behalf of the Auditor General of Canada.
- No. 469
- Enforcement of environmental standards in British Columbia
- No. 468
- Farmland drainage crisis in Saskatchewan
- No. 467
- Asphalt plant air pollution concerns
- No. 466
- Environmental effects of the Bradford Bypass construction on fish and fish habitat
- No. 465
- Concerns surrounding groundwater contamination by a fertilizer plant in Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Things to know before submitting a petition.
Fill out the Environmental Petitions Submission Form or contact us to mail or fax your petition.
A quick overview of environmental petitions.
Find out how environmental petitions work.
Sort petitions by topic, federal institution, or petition number.
Contact us by email, phone, fax, or mail.